Highlander provide short and long term accessible bathroom solutions for those living with a disability.
Our accessible bathrooms are ready to drop in on site, and are a great option for when you need a complete setup with toilet, shower, with all plumbing and fittings preinstalled and ready to go.
Alternatively, our Pop-up bathrooms are perfect for setting up where internal access is preferred, or a more temporary solution is required.
We also provide the StepUp hoist - an easy use, no training required, wheelchair hoist with a lift range of 500mm that can also double for lifting disabled users.
Whatever your requirements, Highlander Manufacturing can tailor to your disability requirements and provide a solution that makes things easier for you. Contact us today to let us find the perfect accessibility solution for your requirements - we've got you covered.
Our accessible bathrooms are portable units designed for those that face difficulty with bathrooms lacking features to cater for those with a disability. Our standard plan is a 2.4m x 3.4 unit and can be customised at the factory to suit your needs.
The accessible bathroom can be set up as a stand-alone unit or sited against any dwelling. They also feature the same "Easy Siting" design as our standard cabins for quick and easy install on almost any property - many deliveries can even be done without the use of a crane.
The bathroom units also feature the high build quality and full insulation features of all Highlander Manufacturing's cabins.
Features of our standard unit include:
- 19mm tanalised plywood floor on a galvanized steel chassis
- Walls and roof made from 75mm insulation panel
- 50mm under floor insulation
- 1 opening side wall window, head high for light and ventilation
- 1 power point for shaver/dryer
- 1 heated 3 bar towel rail
- 1 ceiling light and one outside bulkhead light
- 1 extractor fan
- Floor to wall non slip Vinyl
- Full 1.2 x 1.8 wet floor shower, mixer tapware and shower curtain
- Height adjustable hand basin and tapware
- Wall mounted mirror
- Plumbing, all internal and under floor waste, entry and exit points
- Certified electrical warrant of fitness
- 20 meter power cable and caravan plug
- Rinnai gas hot water system
Internal Pop-Up Bathrooms
Our innovative Pop-Up accessibility bathroom is designed to sit in an internal garage and provide a fully equipped wet floor shower and toilet facility to those with disabilities.
The Pop-up bathroom is completely self-contained - we simply place it on the floor of your garage and connect it to the closest power and water sources, and you're all set up.
Features of our standard unit include:
- Full wet floor including toilet, adjustable height hand basin and 1.2 x 1.8 walk-in shower
- Enclosure provides a warm area to shower and dress in, even in the middle of winter
- Inbuilt pump to transfer waste to nearest toilet – or to a holding tank where it will can collected on a regular basis
- The Highlander Pop-Up requires NO building consent and can be put in place in less than a day
- A wheel chair lift can be provided, or if room permits, a simple ramp fitted
Accessiblity StepUp Wheelchair Hoist
The easy way to get up and down steps, in and out of showers and on and off the toilet.
The innovative automated StepUp Wheelchair lift and hoist is designed to be completely portable. It glides easily on most surfaces, it has a range of lift of 0 to 50cm, and it doubles as a hoist for lifting users in many situations.
The Highlander StepUp is easy to use - no special training is required.
Key benefits and features include:
- The StepUp can also be used as a hoist for lifting from wheelchair to shower commode or toilet. The lifting arm on the hoist can be easily fitted and removed as required.
- Easy use control panel: The control box has easy-to-use toggle switches and an emergency stop. The StepUp electronics prevent any over-travel with every function having limit switches.
- Fully adjustable automated ramps: The StepUp has two automated adjustable ramps which can be easily raised or lowered to suit any situation or surface. When in the up position they provide a safe secure platform for the wheelchair even while being moved.
- Height adjustable jacks: The StepUp has four height adjustable jacks which can be adjusted to make the the lift level on uneven surfaces.
- Easy glide braked wheels: The StepUp comes with four foot-operated braked wheels.